Are you a Certified Medication Technician? Are you a Nursing Student who has successfully completed your Pharmacology course? NEWCare Convalescent Center is recruiting for a Medication Technician.
The Medication Technician is specially trained to set up medications, administer them to the proper patient/resident and document administration in the medical record. This individual functions under the supervision of professional nurse within parameters of State approved credentialing in a skilled nursing facility. This position offers the opportunity to be close to the residents and can be gratifying for a caregiver interested in creating compassionate and warm relationships with the elderly.
Essential Duties include:
- Set up and administration of medications to the residents using established procedures.
- Perform minor treatments within scope of credentialing.
- Maintains adequate drug supply for residents.
- Knowledgeable concerning nutrition, delivers nourishments, assists residents to
consume, charts amounts of nourishments and does weights as delegated.
- Follows facility documentation policies.
- Participates in infection control practices.
- Makes resident rounds.
- Reports nursing problems to charge nurse.
This is a full-time position on the evening shift, 2 PM to 10 PM, which includes health, dental and life insurance options. Both full-time and part-time positions include Paid Time Off (PTO) and 401k. Although this position is full-time, part-time inquiries are welcome.
Wage will be based on experience and will be discussed in the interview.
Call (715) 854-2717, extension 231, NEWCare Human Resources with questions.